Adult volunteers are at the heart of Scouting, and we know that you will get every bit as much out of it as you put in. Scouting is not just about young people, but also about the development of adults within the Movement.
To support adults in Scouting, SCOUTS New Zealand provides a comprehensive programme of training to build on existing skills and knowledge and develop new competencies. Some elements of training can count towards externally-recognised qualifications, and within the Movement there are also awards to recognise dedication to training and outstanding service.
The Adult Leader Training provides:
- A training Scheme that shows outcomes
- A framework that ensures consistency
- All training is assessed and monitored
- Flexibility in delivering training to leaders
- Training to visibly connect to the Youth Awards Schemes
- Prior learning recognised if relevant to SCOUTS needs
- A simple training process - providing skills to survive a meeting night.
Additional specialised training is encouraged to meet individual needs. These skills are sourced from other organisations such as Mountain Safety Council, St John’s Ambulance etc. Zone Training Leaders will assist with any details regarding the delivery of training.
Leader Training Resources
>> An introduction to SCOUTS New Zealand for Leaders
>> SCOUTS New Zealand Adult Leader Training Framework
>> All Leader Training Resources